venerdì 28 gennaio 2011

Elisa Laraia Statement




statement

All of my research is focused on two fundamental concepts that of identity and memory. there are two important elements which I've explored since 1999. the concept of identity exchange is the basis of the artwork in progress Orpheus hotel contemporary art project.To exit from individualism to share ones ideas with other brains. my research on identity that departs from an intense psychological survey in the last period is enriched with new ideas going to the ends of quantum physics. the idea of memory, as in More Memory work in which I use 5 polysemantic tachas in which I imprisoned the objects of my past that have been kidnapped by the possibility of oblivion. In the work "Trees do not be afraid" childhood memories are focused on these trees, a forest of infinite trees, I wear them with colorful outfits trying to avoid the obligation of loneliness. In the series of works Past / Future I work moving contemporary images in plexiglass carved in the shape of eighteenth century mirrors . I am interested in the combination of the wisdom of the past and the surprise of the future. the work behind me Defragmentation, a 2003 project, which was born from a profound reflection on public art and the idea of public involvement of the viewer in my work. This project is the protagonist of LAP laboratorio permanente di arte pubblica The user is required to reconstruct an image that began as a single core is cut into pieces and donated to the city. The LAP is an important part in my research, is the strong bond that I have always maintained with my land, my Basilicata, which is the core of my identity and my memory.